Jul 10, 2008

Speech therapy with the Brady Bunch

I work with a boy at the BYU Kindergarten with down syndrome who LOVES the Brady Bunch. He even introduces himself as Bobby Brady sometimes. I decided to incorporate his interests into our therapy session yesterday. He's working on asking gramatically correct questions so we read Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and then played a kind of I Spy game with some popsicle stick Brady Bunch puppets (i.e., What does he see? What do they see? What does she see? What do you see? etc). We had tons of fun.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Clever therapy ideas :) how many kids do you have on your caseload?

Heather said...

9 kids total. It seems like a ton to me, but I'm sure it's TINY compared to what everyone's doing at their internships.

Greg said...

So, what exactly do you do Sven?