Jul 10, 2008

4th of July

We spent the 4th with my family in Murray. The parade was not all I had remembered from my younger years and the most exciting things were a big scary looking Obama puppet riding in a car and Costco throwing rolls of toilet paper instead of candy. But the rest of the day was great.
Playing a game of Bocce Ball with my family. You can buy a cheap set and it's just as much fun, if not more, than croquet. I wish I had a picture, but after bocce ball we had a DELICIOUS lunch of fresh Alaskan halibut caught by uncles and Grandpa the week before. I am not a fish person but it was amazing!

At the T Minus 5 (a cappella) concert and fireworks at Murray Park. For the past 5 years I've always had jobs where I had to work on the 4th of July so it was great to actually enjoy the day, especially since this year I had a husband to share it with!

No comments: