No, this is not about the movie.Yes, it's about Steve being called to be the 2nd counselor in bishopric of the BYU 3rd ward (student single) in the BYU 2nd stake. He got a call about 2 weeks ago and was sustained this Sunday. We even ran into another family from our married student ward, the Sommerfeldts, who were there because Bro Sommerfeldt was being called to the bishopric of another ward in the stake. My brother and his wife are going to start going to a family ward soon and so we were joking that Steve and I are moving back a step since we didn't get it right the first time. However, I guess we did get married....
We're actually really excited about the calling. The Bishop and his 1st counselor both seem like great leaders and we already love the Stake Presidency. I think Steve will do a wonderful job fulfilling his responsibilities, loving and leading the ward members. The ward comes from a bunch of houses on the tree streets by the Creamery on Ninth so it seems like a lot of the members are a little older, and more mature. I even knew a few that are grad students at the Taylor Building. I'm sure we'll have adventures to share so stay tuned!
P.S. We will really miss our friends in the BYU 29th ward and hope they won't forget about us!
2 comments:
Wow, that's really exciting! It'll be weird to be the old married lady in the ward ;) It sounds funny, but when I was single, married people did kind of seem in a different ballpark than me, even if they were younger or not much older than me. I bet it will be tons of fun, though. Good luck!
Hooray! And Oh no! Does that mean that you won't be coming to the 29th ward at all anymore :( Congratulations, though, you'll do great!
Post a Comment