Every year a dress company in Utah, Modest by Design, holds a dress design contest for high school students. The winner gets to have her dress designed and made especially for her as well as a photo shoot for her prom. My sister, Krista, is an amazing artist and loves designing dresses, shoes, etc. We all encouraged her to enter the contest this year and guess what? She won!!
'This year's winner is Krista Purser from Murray, Utah. Her dress design will be made for next year's show. Purser explained in her essay: "There is power in confidence. Immodesty is no part of confidence. It is, instead, the mask of confidence, an outward appearance that hides insecurities. ... Modesty is courageous." '
Her design:
Her design:
Her essay (which is fantastic! I didn't know my high school sister could write so well!): http://www.modestbydesign.com/Contests
2 comments:
What a neat opportunity for Krista! Her design is absolutely beautiful! I hope you're encouraging her to apply to USU's art department and not that other school. (Just kidding, we love the cougars.)
Wow, heather, that is SO cool!! Tell her congrats from me! P.S. I had a dream about you the other night... We saw each other ice skating. It was cool since I hadn't seen you for so long! Ha. Anyway, it looks like you guys are doing really well! Love ya!
Post a Comment