Jan 27, 2009

Drought

Well, blogging events certainly happen in spurts. We are currently in a drought, I suppose. However, in case you're wondering what we're up to:

Stephen is:
-anxiously awaiting to hear back from MPA programs. EARLIEST possible letter back: February 12th. Our top 2 choices: George Washington and BYU
-trying to find a summer job at a city government office (or something similar)
-taking a World Religions class from one of his favorite professors. We will likely attend a Jewish synagogue this semester :)
-volunteering at a reading group for 2 hours per week at the Utah State Hospital for his abnormal psychology class
-writing a small novel for his Writing Fiction class which he is taking from one of his favorite authors: Brandon Sanderson

Heather is:
-interning 3 days a week at Kids on the Move, an early intervention program in Utah County. Basically I make home visits to kids under 3 who can't talk/can hardly talk and educate parents about ways to encourage more language and speech development (the truth is I play with kids all day!!!). I LOVE it!
-meeting with a stuttering client and a little boy with Down Syndrome at the BYU clinic to get enough hours to graduate
-tutoring 3 girls with various articulation problems
-sitting in on a Hearing Tests class for the FIFTH time (on semester as a student, now 4 as a TA)
-plodding along on my thesis (the good news: according to my thesis chair, I can graduate in August if I keep doing what I'm doing!)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I like the update! Good luck on the theses. "Plodding" is the perfect word for it!

Mandy said...

Graduating in August? That is so exciting, and I'm incrediably jealous. I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Kyla Lewis said...

That's so exciting to hear you're on track! I hope I am too!