I got a sweet job! I now work at the Kindergarten and Preschool on BYU campus providing speech services. It's been a little scary not having a supervisor, but definitely lots of fun and a blessing to us financially.
Toughest (maybe these sound lame, but I'm sure my fellow SLPs understand)
1. Felt the pressure of deciding which kids qualified for speech services with very limited information.
2. Read a really long language assessment chapter not because it was assigned but because I ACTUALLY need to know and use the information... like tomorrow.
3. Listened to a stuttering 4 year old and tried to remember my stuttering class.
4. Being let loose, no one telling me what to do or supervising me.
Best
1. The boy who said "Yes! I've been wondering when it would be my turn to go to that room [speech room]!"... I hadn't taken anyone out of his class for speech yet, but wow, I'm glad we have such a good reputation.
2. Being asked to come over to play after school yesterday after only 10 minutes of interaction and hearing "Heaver!" yelled excitedly everytime I saw the child today.
3. The fact that 4 and 5 year olds are so motivated by stickers.
4. Getting paid more than twice as much as my last summer job and doing something I actually like!
5. Being let loose, no one telling me what to do or supervising me.
3 comments:
So fun!
Yay, I'm glad you're doing that! Make all the money you can now, because soon you will be working hard and getting paid nothing (i.e. internships)!! ;)
Sounds fun! I can't wait to not be supervised! That is so exciting - I bet you are learning so much!
Post a Comment