As many of you know, I work at Kohl's in Draper, but I live in Provo (35 minute drive one way). Before my discovery, this drive was quite inconvenient.
However, Heather suggested that I take a look at the Books on CD at the Provo City library. It was then that I found my first Audio Book: Ender's Shadow.

First of all, I just have to say that Ender's Shadow is a fantastic book. If you liked Ender's Game, you'll also enjoy Shadow. It's the story of Bean (essentially the #2 commander in Battle School, right behind Ender), and it takes place during the same time as Ender's Game. Card has created a really interesting character in Bean, and Ender's Shadow is just an exceptional story. I was sad when it ended.
Anyways...because of great Audio Books, I actually look forward to my time in the car. Listening to books makes my time in the car effective--it's nice knowing that an hour that would otherwise be wasted can now be used for reading. Plus, it's fun. There's quite a few great books out there--you just gotta find them on your library's website and place a hold, because they're pretty popular, and so you can't really count on just dropping into the library and having a great selection.
So what are you waiting for? Go to your nearest library today! If you don't have lots of driving time like me, then go to your library and get a real book (you know, the ones with paper)! Reading is a really great way to entertain yourself (if you get a good book, that is), as well as engage your mind and get exposed to new ideas and people.
4 comments:
Nope heather that will be fine. I'm gonna add you to ours as well :)
Good suggestion. Taylor and I will both have about a 40+ minute commute when we move into our house later this summer and I hadn't yet thought of that to make the commute more bearable. Taylor I'm sure will be content to listen to his sports radio the whole time, but me not so much. Another idea is to get scriptures on audio. My dad used to do that when he commuted from Rochester to St. Paul. He really liked it. Plus you get your daily scriptures in. Good idea! Happy listening!
Steve, you need to do a commercial for public libraries. :)I have to agree though, I love audio books, and books with paper.
hurray - you picked out a great book. I get so much reading done in a similar fashion I love it
Post a Comment