Apr 25, 2008

Six years of faithfulness

Let me tell you a story...a story that starts 6 years ago.

I was just a young lad, fresh out of my first year of college, wearing a black nametag, ready to be a missionary for the Church. I purchased a wonderful shirt at the Missionary Training Center so that I would have a fun new shirt to wear during our gym time. "Missionary: Hard work, all day, all work, no play." Of course, I thought the shirt was actually cool at the time.

Eventually, the shirt became less cool to me. But he was sturdy and trustworthy, so I allowed him to fill the role of a bed-time shirt. In this calling, he served faithfully. But now his time is over. He is getting frayed, discolored, and very thin. So today, I let him go...and adopted an old BYU Superfans shirt to replace him.

However
,
I didn't want to end the post on a sour and sad note. So, I found a video from my birthday. Brother Baugh, a professor of Church History, and his daughter Lisa (my co-worker) sang me a rousing happy birthday song. Enjoy!

No comments: