Apr 20, 2008

New calling and pizza dough

I have two bits of good news today:

1. I got a new calling today. They reorganized the Relief Society presidency and I'm the secretary to the presidency. Taking roll in a ward with 116 sisters (no primary or young women so everyone goes to R.S., and it's a BYU ward so very few inactive sisters) was a daunting task, but I got through it with help from the ward directory and previous secretary. I am really looking forward to serving in this calling. I will get to know the sisters in the ward without the responsibility of a leadership position.




2. In every recipe for bread, rolls, pizza dough, etc. there's a phrase that goes like this... "Continue kneading until dough is smooth and elastic." Unfortunately I have a knack for killing the yeast, resulting in hard and rubbery dough and something like unleavened matza crackers. However, today I finally reached the unattainable and elusive "smooth and elastic" dough for our pizza! Thank you Mom for explaining to me over the phone what 100 degrees translates into for water temperature (not as hot as as hot chocolate but not as cool as a lukewarm baby's bottle).

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow, 116 names to learn... I have a hard enough time with the 35 in the class we TA :) Congrats on the new calling, you'll be great!