May 3, 2008

Internship and Women's Conference

I'm pleased to announce that I have officially arranged 1 out of 2 required internships for my speech-language pathology program. I will be an intern at Kids on the Move early intervention program from January to April 2009 (a little far in the future, but it's nice to have things arranged). I'll be working with kids ages 0-3, going into their homes for assessments, doing lots of playing on the floor, and giving ideas for what parents can do to encourage the speech and language development of their child. I've been looking forward to this since I job shadowed a speech therapist from my ward 4 years ago at an early intervention program. More to come as the internship approaches...


In other news, I worked at BYU Women's Conference this week as an usher. At one point they put me downstairs where all the important people are. I was in arm's reach of the general relief society, young women, and primary presidencies several times plus all of the cool presenters like Sheri Dew, Mary Ellen Edmunds, and Mary Ellen Smoot. Even though I didn't really get to talk to them (other than Hi, welcome to Women's Conference, this way to the hospitality room) they were all really nice, gracious women. It was fun to see them all together and in person.




No comments: