May 22, 2008

Surprise!

This is Steve, and it's been a while since I blogged. I'll talk about the most noteworthy thing I've done in a while: a sweet surprise party for Heather on her birthday last Friday (May 16).
I had been going behind her back all week planning, scheming, and plotting. It took a lot of care to be able to keep it from her, because I was planning on having her family come up from Murray, as well as have her uncle, aunt, and 2 little cousins come from Lehi, and her bro Nathan and wife Anna come in from Provo.

So the big question: what did she get for her birthday? In order of opening:
  • A Taylor Swift CD
  • Cheaper by the Dozen (the original from the 50s...bet you didn't even know there was an original, did you?)
  • The Terminal (with Tom Hanks...classic!)
  • Home-made Gift Cards to Kohl's (I am doing an internship there this summer, and I get a discount)
  • Home-made éclairs (not to be confused with Eau Claire, Wisconsin)
  • The board game Zooloretto (for those of you who aren't board-game savvy, it won the Spiel des Jahres last year, which is one of the biggest game awards. We'd love to play it with you...just tell us you're interested!)



Happy Birthday Heather! You're the best.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Heather! Jeff and I LOVE board games, but we have somehow been left out of the loop on the one you mentioned. Okay, I guess we'll just have a game night soon. We'll introduce you to ours if you'll introduce us to yours!