As of today I'm a working mom. Happily I'm only working 2 days a week for the next 3 weeks and then I'll go down to working just 1 day a week (thank goodness for having a career where that's possible!). The school I'm assigned to was without a speech-language pathologist for a month and a half- hence the extra work day for me for a few weeks. I admit I got pretty teary-eyed after dropping my sweet little Seth off at the babysitter's (a friend from our church congregation- she's great and I'm glad we could find someone we trust to take care of him). I'm not excited to leave him even if it's just one day a week. I love being his mom and hanging out with him all day. On the bright side, it's only until June and at least my school is completely awesome. Everyone was helpful, the teachers seem very good, I'm not being crammed in a closet, my caseload is ridiculously low (yay! I'm excited to work hard and help the students make some real progress), and I found out that the school psychologist went to BYU and is Mormon! To top it all off, the social committee chairperson took this picture of me and e-mailed it to everyone so they would know to say "hi" to me. It was really a kind thing to do.
And let's not forget my dedicated full-time worker, part-time student husband. I really appreciate his sacrifices to support our family and finish school even though it wasn't all he hoped it would be. Seth and I went to visit him last Friday. We had a delicious lunch at Potbelly Sandwich Shop ("AWreck" is a must have for anyone visiting the mid-atlantic, the midwest, or Texas) and everyone at his office oooed and awwwed over Seth :)
| You can't see it but Seth's shirt says "Daddy's Little Helper" and has a construction truck on it |
| See? They loved him! |
| What a child prodigy! |
After all that work, we LOVE coming home to do our real and most important job of being parents.

5 comments:
You have a great set up with work! One/two days a week is great for getting out, but not too much to miss all your baby time. Who's watching him? The pictures are great, he sure is such a cutie!
You'll do great! That's a nice way to ease into it, but I know it's no fun dropping off the little babies. Glad you find a good sitter.
Good luck going back to work-you'll do great! And congratulations on your adorable little guy!
How great that you only have to work 1-2 days a week. Good luck finishing the year!
That's great that you could go back for just a couple days a week! Seth is soo cute.
Post a Comment