After having it recommended by 2 of my good friends, I checked out Sleeping Through the Night from the library. Since I am sad about moving Seth to his crib I decided to follow one of the tips in the book by starting with the crib just for nap times. Then, just for kicks I tried putting him in the crib "drowsy but awake." This is the key principle from the book because it's all about getting your baby to fall asleep on his own. So then what happened? He fell asleep by himself twice today, with barely a fuss! It's a great step to sleeping through the entire night which we are going to try to train Seth to do so when I return to work in 1 1/2 weeks (see future post) I'll be working on a full night's sleep. Anyway from what I've read so far I really like it!
Oh and isn't Seth's cloth doll adorable? He's doing a face plant so sorry you only get the back view. One of my good friends from church made it for Seth and we call it the lizard wizard because with the hat on top it looks like a wizard. Plus it's a much more manly than calling it a doll.

3 comments:
Glad you like the book! By the way, I have to say it's amazing that Seth has already fallen asleep on his own. I tried with Chyler, but she rarely did it those first few months. Good luck!
Great! I really enjoyed that book. Hope you like the rest of it. It sounds like Seth is off to a great start! It's so great when they begin to fall asleep on their own :) Good luck moving him to his crib too. It's hard to do at first. You get so used to them being right there! :)
That is such a great picture - he is so cute. Who is the talented crafter?
Post a Comment