I'm not a big fan of ginormous blog posts, so I'll try to make this one brief.
We have had a great Christmas break so far. I'll just hit the highlights:
GRE
I am studying for the GRE right now (I'm taking it this Friday). My first practice exam was pretty scary. I got a 770. Some points of reference:
- The test is out of 1600 possible points
- The average score for the graduate programs I'm applying for is 1160
- 770 on the GRE is probably like a 19 or 20 on the ACT.
However, after studying for 2 days, doing the math review and lots of practice problems, as well as becoming more familiar with the questions, I raised my score to a more comfortable 1220. Then, after more studying, I got a 1320. I'm kind of skeptical of those scores, but at least they're a good sign that I'm headed in the right direction.
Christmas
We had a great Christmas. Here are all of our presents:
We both got some new jeans; some new Professional Care electric toothbrushes (we don't have dental insurance, so that was great!); the board game Pandemic, which a really fun co-operative game; the card game Guillotine,which is also very fun, as well as funny; a new mirror for the bedroom; a camera tripod (which you can see in the mirror); the movies The Errand of Angels and National Treasure 2; a 4-player adapter for the PS2 (X-Men Legends 2, here we come!) the skirt and sweater that Heather is wearing in the picture; and some money from our very generous parents and grandparents.
We had a great time with Heather's family on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I mean, they got 4 or 5 new Wii games...how could you not have fun with that? Seriously though, it was fun to spend time with them...playing Wii, watching movies, doing a Christmas Nativity, eating lots of very good food, etc. Holidays are just awesome.
Back in Provo
So now we're back in Provo. I'm studying for the GRE, doign my grad school applications and letter of intent, etc., and Heather is working on her Thesis for her Master's program.
But we are able to have a little bit of fun. Here's us playing Pandemic. Unfortunately, our disease-fighting skills fell short, and we lost. Oh well. We won the next game.
We hope all of you had a good Christmas break. Happy New Year as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment