Oct 30, 2009

Surprises


No, we didn't buy a keyboard, but I was surprised on Sunday when the choir director in our ward found me after Church and handed this to me. She wants me to accompany the choir on a song for the Christmas program but I told her I didn't have a piano to practice on (and you need a code to get into the Church, so I can't just borrow someone's key). Yay for having a piano to play for the next little bit, even if it is just a small keyboard.



Don't you LOVE getting surprise packages in the mail? It's seriously the best thing ever. Steve's mom sent us these extra BYU football shirts they ordered along with some early Halloween candy.



Okay, this is only exciting to me, but I got some speech materials in the mail that I forgot I ordered! I am especially excited about the books which will help me with doing therapy in the classroom.



On Wednesday night I only got 4 hours of sleep because I was doing IEP progress reports to go out with report cards. When I came home from work on Thursday evening I found this: the perfect nap set up. I can tell you right now I hopped straight in bed, I was so tired after a night of progress reports and a day of meetings and kids. Steve and I don't really get to see each other on Thursdays so this was really thoughtful of him. He even stayed up late with me the night before.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm excited about the speech stuff! What were the books you ordered? Have you found anything that works really well in schools? I'm always looking for ideas... :) Have fun with your new treasures!

Nicole Weber said...

I'm excited about the speech stuff too! I need to start building mu supplies up soon... and the nap was super cute :)

Suspension Bridges said...

That was very thoughtful of Steve to put out the nap clothes.

tawna said...

okay, seriously, the 'nap set' up is one of the cutest/sweetest things EVER.