Well I am stuck on campus printing some very large PDF files that I need to read before the very last test of my college education :) (no way I am going for a PhD) on Thursday so I thought I would make a post while I wait.
Yesterday I turned in copies of my thesis to my thesis committee members. Today my thesis chair told me that once I get the go ahead from one of the members on my committee I can schedule my thesis (this means that he doesn't think the other member will really change anything...translation=less work for me!!!). For those not familiar with the thesis world, at BYU you have to schedule your thesis defense at least 2 weeks before you actually defend it. Once you schedule your defense you may make a few minor changes, but the major work is over! The actual thesis defense consists of a short presentation of your thesis and then answering questions from your committee members and making minor changes they suggest. After the defense the graduate coordinator in my department read it and suggests changes. Once he's finished it goes to the college of education for final changes. Then, electronic submission! Okay, that sounded long, but I am really sooooooo close!
Once I finish this term I am looking forward to reading something besides textbooks. I'm sure over the last several years I have come across 100 books I said I would read when I was done with school, but these are the ones currently on my summer list. Please share suggestions (it's obvious that I am limited to children's books and church books so please help)!
The Great Brain
Johnny Tremain
Goose Girl
Alcatraz versus the Scrivener's Bones
Behind Every Good Man (John Bytheway)
The Holy Secret (by the same author as the Peacegiver)
Kingdom and the Crown books 2 and 3
Man's Search for Meaning (Vikor Frankl)
5 comments:
Oh you're so close! Good luck!
yay, congratulations!!!
It's so nice to actually have time to read. Man's Search for Meaning is one of my favorite nonfiction books. Steven and I are reading the first Great Brain book right now. It's cute. Have you read the Little House books? They're some of my favorites.
Man's Search for Meaning is a book that Joseph actually wants to read! So it's defiantly on my list (to read out loud).
This summer I want to focus on Newberry Award books (I have a goal to read ALL of them - not this summer, just sometime). I just finished Jacob Have I Loved and liked it.
Have you read any of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian books? I read the first one and liked it. Also I ditto the Little House on the Prairie books suggestion, if you've never read them. Also have you ever read the Alanna/Lioness book series? I really enjoyed those about hundred times when I was younger.
But some older people type books that I love are...
Little Woman
Jane Eyre
Uncle Tom's Cabin
Good Earth
Pride and Prejudice
Anyways, sorry for being long-winded, but get me talking about a subject I love...
Eventhough it's been over a year since I took my last test at BYU, I can't seem to believe that I am d.o.n.e with school. Good Luck on finishing up! :)
Thanks for the book suggestions Stacy and Kristi! I have never gotten around to reading the Little House books so I will put those on my list. Someone else suggested the Percy Jackson series and I saw several on hold at the library tonight so I think that's definitely on the list too.
Post a Comment